|Transition - FAQs|
|By CCVESA Liaison|
|July 8, 2022|
This posting will be updated regularly as the transition to the combination department progresses and how it affects operations here at the Public Safety Training Center. We will use this as a guide to what has changed with respect to roles, responsibilities, processes, etc.
November 4, 2022:
- CCPSTC Classrooms and grounds scheduling is now managed by CCDFEMS - Kim Dubert. The link to reserve a room on CCVESA.ORG has been changed to reflect the new process.
July 1: What has changed:
- VFIS Insurance is now ONE policy administered by the County that covers all stations and the CCPSTC for vehicle insurance, casualty/theft/damage, Officer and Director, general liability. For claims of this nature (not for injured workers), see the VFIS link at the top of this website.
- The TCM and EMS Training Coordinator roles are being retired. This means we are gradually retiring the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org email addresses. Please contact the Liaison or the Training Center Coordinator if you need help with who to call.
- Workers Compensation - Volunteers - See the link at the top of the website. Please do not use VFIS forms for Injured Worker claims. Paid Staff at stations, continue to follow the individual department process with that department's insurance.
- Reserve Equipment still reserved using the normal form. Log into the MEMBERS site, choose "Forms and Databases" -> "Reserve Equipment Usage". Access to building to retrieve vehicle still the same way. Questions? Contact Training Center Coordinator.
- Sharps disposal, no change to process or location of drop off.
- Absorbent requests - Contact Training Center Coordinator, Liaison, or Training, Health & Safety Kevin Fox. Process to pickup unchanged. Please use the boxes that are already assembled. Do not assemble the box yourself or take boxes to your station. There is a particular way to package the boxes or the service will not accept the waste.
- Equipment returned from Baltimore Area Hospitals. Pick up at the same location